4/06/2011

helplessness blues


Photo courtesy of Garrison Hamilton 

My final project for my documentary class is to make a 5-10 minute compilation of everything we've learned essentially-lighting, framing, montage, interviews, etc. I've chosen to do mine on the idea of art as identity. I've always held art in high esteem-my grandmother is an artist, and both of my siblings are highly creative. I've always struggled, and still do, with properly sorting out if any type of art related direction is really for me. Painting, dancing, singing, instruments-I've tried most of it. I'm mediocre at best. Lately, film and photography have really been of most interest just because of how much I can manipulate them with technology. I've always been decent at computers, so the ability to combine my a few of my favorite things puts me at ease. I think the never ending search for what we're best at is something that follows us no matter how old we grow.

P.S I  hope you've checked out Fleet Foxes' newest-it's currently my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment